Any known problems in the 2008 Honda CR-V?
Filed under reliability - Asked by Paddy Gleeson (Blessington) - Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:59
The Honda CR-V has a great reputation for reliability in general, but a surprising number of things go wrong. I'm going to assume you mean the 2.2-litre CDTi diesel version. Here's what we know about:
- Earth connection for ABS can cause various error codes, but is easily fixed.
- The ABS hydraulic modulator itself can deteriorate, meaning poor braking. That's expensive to fix.
- Issues with the air conditioning are usually to do with a faulty (and easy to replace) relay.
- The dual-mass flywheel can break up and cause vibration.
- The EGR valve sticks due to automobilebon build-up, causing poor running, stalling and intermittent power loss.
Along with all those things to look out for, there are loads of creaks and noises the automobile makes, but all can be fixed at relatively low cost.