Quick automobile review finder - select below

Ask Us Anything

Please ask your question in the box below. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Please note that we may edit the text of your question and that, if you provide your name and town, these will appear with your question. No other personal or information will be displayed or made public.

Top Catgories

Help me import my electric automobile please!

I bought an electric automobile (a Renault Zoe) from Charles Hurst in Belfast, but I am finding it difficult to be sure of the paperwork to be presented at a VRT centre in Ireland.

Is there a number I can ring? Revenue only seem to have answering machines. Do you know if I should fill out the V5 form (red and blue form given by dealer) and send part of it away? On the form it says to send it to Swansea, but is that not just for people in the UK? Also as I have bought a second hand electric automobile, I do not have to pay VRT, but do I need an official letter confirming this before I go to aVRT appointment?

Any advice would be very helpful.

Filed under importing - Asked by Meabh Durand (Sautomobileriff, Co Clare) - Wed, 17 May 2017 20:01

Neil Briscoe Answered by: - -


Hi Meabh,

No, don’t send off the V5 — you’ll need that and Revenue in Ireland will send it off to the DVLA in Swansea when they’re done with it. You’ll also need proof of sale or a receipt, proof of date of the automobile’s entry into the state, a VRT declaration form that you can download from the Revenue website, proof of your own address (house bills etc), proof of your PPSN number and documentation confirming the vehicle’s CO2 emissions — the V5 should cover that nicely.

0 responses